Protester Elected Mayor in Sofia Neighborhood
Desislava Ivancheva has won nearly 65% of the votes in Mladost neighborhood of Bulgaria's capital Sofia, set to become its next mayor, official results show.
Bulgaria held a mayoral election in Mladost alongside the presidential one as Ivancheva, an activist, defied incumbent mayor Tsveta Avdzhieva, from main ruling GERB party over the way the latter was running the neighborhod, including green spaces and construction issues.
"This is not a vote for me, this is a vote for the cause, for Green Mladost," she has told the Bulgarian National Radio.
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire