Reuters: Bulgarians’ Support for Radev Indicates Growing Russian Influence
Nearly ten years after Bulgaria joined the EU, many of its citizens think that their problems are not of much interest to Brussels. There are many disappointed Bulgarians who now look to Russia as a more relevant neighbor, reported Reuters in an article entitled Bulgarian Vote Shows Russia Winning Hearts on EU’s Eastern Flank.
Such attitudes will probably be reinforced by the presidential run-off on Sunday. It is expected that the run-off will be won by the former commander of the airforce General Rumen Radev, who is friendly towards the Kremlin.
Radev’s position is that Bulgaria, in spite of being a NATO member, must be extra careful in terms of international alliances. This has won him support in Bulgaria since the country is heavily dependent on Russia for energy, military equipment and tourism proceeds.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Bulgarian President announced when Consultations on forming a Cabinet will Begin
- » Nikola Minchev is the New Speaker of Parliament. Who is he?
- » "Vazrazhdane" Declared that it will Fight against North Macedonia's Ascension to the EU
- » Leader of DB: We will work to make Bulgarians Abroad feel Equal Citizens no matter where they are
- » "There Is Such a People" to MPs: Let us Offer the Bulgarian Society Real and Tangible Change
- » Bulgarian Socialists Leader: The Biggest Problem, according to BSP, is the Rising Prices