EC: Turkey Does Not Fulfill 7 Requirements for Visa Regime Abolition
Turkey does not fulfill seven of the requirements for the abolition of the visa regime. We reckon that two of these requirements cannot be fulfilled at present, stated a spokesperson of the European Commission, cited by bTV.
The conditions for the abolition of the visa regime are conditions. When they are fulfilled, the visa regime will be abolished, added the spokesperson.
The EC and Turkey have, so far, honoured their obligations under the bilateral agreement on migration.
Since the entry into force of the agreement, 720,000 fewer migrants have crossed from Turkey into Greece, compared to the same period of last year. It is obvious that the agreement is working, commented the spokesperson.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Estonia Closes its Borders for Russians with Schengen Visas
- » European Funds Minister: Bulgaria to Receive BGN 3.7 Billion in the Coming Months from the Recovery Plan
- » Hungary and Poland are Against the EU's Plan to Reduce Gas Consumption
- » Romania expects Schengen Membership by the End of the Year
- » IMF urges Europe to Shift Energy Costs to Wealthier Consumers
- » The EU is preparing for an Escalation between China and the US