Stricter Sanctions for Drivers Without Vignettes
We are introducing a compensatory fee as a penalty for drivers who are driving without a vignette sticker, announced Regional Development Minister Lilyana Pavlova.
Some of the measures against drivers without vignettes will include stopping the vehicle from traffic, the payment of a penalty fee and payment effected on the spot. The amount of the penalty is sufficiently serious to discourage drivers from travelling without vignettes, announced the press centre of the ministry.
Pavlova also explained that, during inspections in the summer, it was discovered that 95% of the gastarbeiter transiting Bulgaria had no vignette sticker.
The minister added that the penalty fee will be imposed and paid on the spot after which a vignette sticker valid for 24 hours will be provided to the driver.
Minister Pavlova estimated that, after the increase in the prices of vignette stickers, an additional BGN 100 M have been collected, while the total amount exceeds BGN 300 M.
In terms of the number of vignettes sold, there has also been an increase of 200,000 stickers.
On average 5 million stickers are sold annually, most of them valid for one year.
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.
- » More than BGN 20 Million will be Invested for the Repair of 32 km of the Road Momchilgrad - Ivaylovgrad
- » The Bulgarian Social Minister Biser Petkov Resigned, PM Borisov Rejected the Resignation (Updated)
- » Trakia Highway is Closed in both Directions near Kameno because of a Fire
- » The Lyulin Highway Closes for Repair