Bulgaria Ransk Last in Europe in Terms of Organ Donors
More than 30 transplants have been carried out in Bulgaria since the beginning of 2016.
At the same time, 1,085 people are waiting for organ transplants – most of them need a kidney.
These figures rank Bulgaria second to last in terms of the number of transplants and last in terms of the number of donors in all of Europe.
The state must create conditions for the development of transplantation, argued the Director of the Executive Agency for Transplantation Mariyana Simeonova.
- » 120 Children in Romania are in a Hospital with Symptoms of Food Poisoning
- » About 30% of Bulgarians who have Suffered a Heart Attack Continue to Smoke
- » British Prisoners Renovated Wheelchairs for Sofia Hospital "Pirogov"
- » Congo Announces 11 New Confirmed Ebola Cases
- » Over 145,000 Families in Bulgaria have Reproductive Problems
- » Sadiq Khan to Ban Junk Food Advertising on London Transport to Tackle Child Obesity