Bulgarian Police Find 65 Migrants Hiding in Cargo Train
Sixty-five irregular migrants have been detained after being found in a cargo train, Bulgarian authorities say.
The train, carrying iron ore, had arrived from Turkey and was inspected at Kapitan Andreevo border crossing at 04:00 Bulgarian time (EEST).
The detainees claim to be Syrian nationals. They apparently entered one of the cargo wagons by cutting a hole in the cloth that covered the ore, according to the Interior Ministry.
This has become the second case of migrants hiding in a cargo train in less than two weeks, the first one having occurred at Svilengrad station.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria