German Chancellor: I Have Not Changed My Position On Migrants
German Chancellor Angela Merkel stated that she has not changed her position on the immigrant issue.
This happened two weeks after Merkel announced that she would like to turn time back in order to prepare her country better for the immigrant flood, reported Reuters.
“I have not changed my policy. I have created a policy,” stated Merkel. She added that she has worked for decisions which are “good for both Germany and Europe”, including the defence of the external frontiers of the EU and the fight against the reasons for immigration in the Middle East and Africa.
“Our purpose is for the situation from last year not to repeat itself and, by the way, we have made a lot of progress over the last 12 months,” pointed out Merkel.
Her idea is for people who have no right to asylum to be repatriated, as well as to set quotas for the distribution of refugees among the member-states of the EU.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Petrol and Diesel Prices are still Rising
- » Minister of Economy and Industry: As of Today, Bread is 20% Cheaper in Retail Chains
- » 3.8 million Bulgarians are expected to Travel Abroad in the Period May-September
- » Bulgaria: Higher Electricity Prices from Today
- » Bulgaria: Sales of "Green" Properties are Declining
- » Bulgaria: Since when will 25 Cents be Deducted from the Price of Fuel