Cyprus Eyes Bulgaria as Part of Plans to Transit Gas to Europe
Bulgaria is among the countries that Cyprus could work with to deliver gas to Europe, Cyprus' Energy Minister Georgios Lakkotrypis has said.
At a meeting with his Bulgarian counterpart Temenuzhka Petkova in Sofia, he has discussed possibilities for energy cooperation between the two countries.
Lakkotrypis brings to Bulgaria a delegation that has attended the first session of a joint workgroup set up by Bulgaria and Cyprus in the field of energy.
"We consider seriously any option that leads to this," the Bulgarian National Radio quotes the minister as saying, in a reference to the diversification of energy sources and gas supply routes and the possibility of including Bulgaria in joint projects.
Cyprus expects to begin extraction and exports of gas from Aphrodite, its only gas deposit discovered as of the moment, in 2020 and 2012, respectively. Volumes of gas in Aphrodite are currently estimated at 140 billion cubic meters.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moscow: Sofia's Refusal of the New Payment System leads to more Expensive Gas
- » Sofia: A Protest against High Fuel Prices is planned for Today
- » Oil is Cheaper by more than 5% against one-month Price Lows
- » Von der Leyen: Reducing Heating in Europe by 2 Degrees will Replace Nord Stream Supplies
- » Bulgaria: Fuel Prices with a New Peak, Petrol and Diesel reach BGN 3.50 per Liter
- » Russia is already China's largest Oil Importer