Russia's Lavrov Summons Bulgarian Ambassador over UN Top Job Race
Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Larvov has invited Bulgaria's Ambassador to Moscow, Boyko Kotsev, to discuss certain "aspects of the activity of the UN," Lavrov's institution says.
The development follows reports in Bulgarian-language media that Germany and Russia had discussed and agreed that Moscow could back a new possible candidate for the UN Secretary General office.
Russia on Sunday refuted claims there had been a deal with Germany, but argued German Chancellor Angela Merkel had tried to broach the issue.
Germany's diplomatic service later fended off claims by Russia, saying "Germany preferrs not to be involved in speculation with regard to other personalities."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » MFA Warned: Bulgarians with Dual Citizenship in Russia are Subject to Mobilization
- » Ministry of Foreign Affairs: Bulgarian Citizens should Hastily Leave Russia
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Bulgaria will Once Again stand in Solidarity with Fraternal Macedonia