Defense Attache in Washington Nominated as New Bulgarian Air Force Chief
Bulgaria’s Defence Minister Nikolay Nenchev has proposed to appoint Brigadier General Tsanko Stoykov as new Air Force Commander, Nova TV has reported.
Nenchev made the announcement before reporters on Tuesday, Nova said.
Gen. Stoykov, 53, is serving as Defense Attache in the Bulgarian Embassy in Washington, D.C.
The position of Bulgarian Air Force Commander has remained vacant after Maj. Gen. Rumen Radev retired earlier this month. The retired general is now the nomination for President of Bulgaria of main opposition Socialists and left-wing ABV party.
Bulgaria will hold presidential elections on November 6.
- » Over BGN 50 Million Needed for the Repair the Bulgarian Army's Helicopters
- » Eight Countries will Participate in the largest NATO Military Exercise in Bulgaria
- » Turkey has Completed the Construction of a 764-kilometer Concrete Wall on the Syrian Border
- » The Bulgarian Army will have New Combat Equipment
- » Aleksandar Vucic: "We have been Warned - if we Send Soldiers to Kosovo..."
- » Qatar Seeks Full Membership in NATO