Bulgaria’s Revenue from Hotel Overnights Up 29% Y/Y in June 2016
Bulgaria’s revenue from overnights at hotels, motels and other short-term accommodation facilities increased by 28.6% year-on-year in June 2016, reaching BGN 163.7 M, the country’s statistical office NSI announced on Wednesday.
Overnights spent at all registered accommodation facilities increased by 23.2% to a total of 3.58 million.
There were 2,756 accommodation establishments - hotels, motels, camping sites, mountain chalets and other places for short-term accommodation with more than 10 beds each in June 2016. The total number of the rooms in them was 125,800 with a total of279,500 beds.
In comparison with June 2015 the number of places for short-term accommodation in Bulgaria rose by 0.9% and the number of beds in them increased by 3.9%.
The occupancy rate of beds was 44.8% in June 2016, increasing by 6.6 percentage points as compared to the same month of 2015.
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Foreign Tourist Arrivals Grows 9.7% in the First Half of 2018
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: For this Summer Season we Expect Growth of 5%
- » Bulgaria's Revenue from Tourist Overnights Rises 6.5% y/y
- » Over 3.6 Million Tourists in Bulgaria in just Six Months
- » Bulgarian Tourism Minister: We Make a Commitment to Tighten Requirements for Tour Operators
- » Veliko Tarnovo: Over 203,000 Tourists Visit Local Museums in the First 6 Months of the Year