Bulgaria’s Revenue from Hotel Overnights Up 29% Y/Y in June 2016
Bulgaria’s revenue from overnights at hotels, motels and other short-term accommodation facilities increased by 28.6% year-on-year in June 2016, reaching BGN 163.7 M, the country’s statistical office NSI announced on Wednesday.
Overnights spent at all registered accommodation facilities increased by 23.2% to a total of 3.58 million.
There were 2,756 accommodation establishments - hotels, motels, camping sites, mountain chalets and other places for short-term accommodation with more than 10 beds each in June 2016. The total number of the rooms in them was 125,800 with a total of279,500 beds.
In comparison with June 2015 the number of places for short-term accommodation in Bulgaria rose by 0.9% and the number of beds in them increased by 3.9%.
The occupancy rate of beds was 44.8% in June 2016, increasing by 6.6 percentage points as compared to the same month of 2015.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tourists paid BGN 900 (EUR 450) for their Child's Treatment in Sunny Beach
- » Bulgaria Air with an Additional Flight to Athens from September 9
- » The Trips of Bulgarians grow by nearly 50% in June
- » No Passports Required: Bulgarians will only Travel with an Identity Card to Turkey
- » Jump in the Number of Russian Tourists on Bulgaria’s Black Sea Coast
- » Watchdog concerned that Airline Carriers are Stopping some EU and EEA EFTA Citizens from Traveling