Bulgaria Invites Russian Experts for Talks over N-Plant
Bulgaria's Energy Ministry has sent a formal letter to state-owned Russian company Rosatom, inviting experts from the energy giant to the country, the ministry's press office says.
Minister Temenuzhka Petkova has cited the need to set up the parameters and composition of a working froup on the Belene nuclear power plant (NPP) project.
The move to form the working group was agreed by Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Russian President Vladimir Putin last week.
Their phone conversation came after more than a year of tensions between Bulgaria and Russia with regard to energy affairs that followed the cancellation of three major joint energy projects involving the two countries in just a few years.
Prior to talks, a letter was submitted to Sofia by EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker that hinted at a possible revival of the Belene NPP project.
Borisov, whose previous government had brought the project to a halt, said in June the current one did not rule out a restart anymore, with Bulgaria being forced to buy reactors and nuclear equipment from Atomstroyexport (Rosatom's export arm) under an arbitration ruling.
The meeting of Bulgarian and Russian experts should take place between August 15 and 30, Minister Petkova has said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria may lose 1.4 Billion Leva if the Territorial Plans for the Coal Plants are not ready
- » Bulgaria: Fuel to Increase in Price to 3 leva while Lukoil makes 1 Billion 800 Million Excess Profit
- » Bulgaria is Ending the Derogation for Russian Oil?
- » Eurostat: Nearly a Quarter of Bulgarians Fail to Heat their Homes Sufficiently
- » Bulgaria is considering Giving Up Russian Oil: Fuel Prices - Unchanged?
- » The Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office is Investigating Collusion and Illegal Schemes around TurkStream