Belgium Arrests Two Brothers Suspected of Plotting Terror Attack
Belgian police has arrested two men suspected of plotting a terrorist attack in the country, Belgian newspaper Le Soir reported on Saturday.
Police raided seven homes in the French-speaking Mons region and another one in the city of Liege during the operation on Friday evening, Le Soir said, citing the federal prosecuting authorities. No weapons or explosives were found during the searches.
The two suspects - Nourredine H., and his brother Hamza H., were arrested in Liege and taken into police custody for questioning.
At present, prosecutors are not linking the plot to the suicide bombings at Brussels airport and the metro on 22 March, in which 32 people lost their lives. Belgium is still on the second-highest level of alert after those attacks.
- » More than 300 People from Over 12 Countries Arrested after Authorities Took a Child Pornography Site Down
- » Three Bulgarians Were Killed in a Shooting in Chicago
- » Bulgarian MPs Approved the Removal of the Fast Track Trial Proceedings in Premeditated Murder Cases
- » Police Officers Arrested Two Bulgarians for Trafficking in Persons for Begging in France and Sweden
- » Attention: New Types of Designer Drugs!
- » Police Officers Seized Over 8,000,000 Pieces Illegal Cigarettes for Over BGN 3 Million