Bulgaria Downplays Serbia's Concerns with Migrant Inflow
Serbia has no reason to be worried with regard to border security, the Bulgarian Interior Ministry's Chief Secretary has said.
Georgi Kostov has told journalists that migratory pressure on Bulgaria's borders is "normal considering the season."
His remarks come after Serbian authorities announced they were forming joint police and army forces that would be deployed on Bulgaria and Macedonia's borders due to what they see as lax border control.
"However, it is not right to comment actions related to a neighboring country's border patrols," daily 24 Chasa quotes Kostov as saying.
Earlier this morning, Serbian Interior Minister Neboj?a Stepanovi? told Radio and Television Serbia that as many as 1500 people had been detained at the borders over the past two years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Stoltenberg: We Look Forward to Northern Macedonia Joining NATO
- » The Early Elections in Northern Macedonia Will Be on April 12th
- » Erdogan Threatens EU to Open Borders to Refugees
- » Northern Macedonia is Expected to Receive the Green Light to Begin EU Accession Talks
- » Turkey Sells Two of Its Islands
- » Athens Blamed Ankara For the Migrant Crisis