Bodies of Two Young Men Found in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Ruse
Divers found on Friday the bodies of the two young men, who had gone missing in the Danube river near the Bulgarian city of Ruse on Thursday.
The bodies of the two men, both aged above twenty, were found near the place where they had gone missing, namely in the area of the Lyulyaka island below Prista hut.
According to preliminary information, the two men decided to swim to the island although bathing in the river is strictly prohibited. One of them started drowning, while the other tried to rescue him.
At this time of the year, the water in the area is shallow, but there are dangerous deep pits.
Officials of the interior ministry, firefighters, emergency medical crews and border police officers with cutter searched the river, including the Romanian section, until late on Thursday.
The search operation was renewed on Friday morning, with three divers – one from Ruse and two from Veliko Tarnovo, also joining.
In June, another drowning incident in the Danube river near the town of Silistra claimed the life of a fourteen year-old-girl.
- » At least 57 were Killed in Avalanches in Pakistan
- » Public Bus Fell into a Huge Hole in China, at least 6 People are Killed (PHOTOS)
- » Powerful Explosion in a Residential Building in Varna Killed Two People
- » The Severe Weather in Afghanistan and Pakistan Killed at least 43 People
- » Avalanche Killed Two People and Injured Three others in the United States
- » Ukrainian Passenger Plane Crashes in Iran, there are Killed