Bodies of Two Young Men Found in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Ruse
Divers found on Friday the bodies of the two young men, who had gone missing in the Danube river near the Bulgarian city of Ruse on Thursday.
The bodies of the two men, both aged above twenty, were found near the place where they had gone missing, namely in the area of the Lyulyaka island below Prista hut.
According to preliminary information, the two men decided to swim to the island although bathing in the river is strictly prohibited. One of them started drowning, while the other tried to rescue him.
At this time of the year, the water in the area is shallow, but there are dangerous deep pits.
Officials of the interior ministry, firefighters, emergency medical crews and border police officers with cutter searched the river, including the Romanian section, until late on Thursday.
The search operation was renewed on Friday morning, with three divers – one from Ruse and two from Veliko Tarnovo, also joining.
In June, another drowning incident in the Danube river near the town of Silistra claimed the life of a fourteen year-old-girl.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: What are the Versions about the Explosion at "Arsenal" Weapons Factory
- » Bulgaria: Possibility of Secondary Explosion at “Arsenal” Weapons Factory, 2 Women are still Missing
- » Bulgaria: Explosions at "Arsenal" Weapons Factory in Kazanlak – Casualties reported
- » Passengers Wait over 6 hours for a Wizz Air Flight to Valencia at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria: 18-year-old on Amphetamines killed 22-year-old Student in Car Crash
- » Bulgaria: Taxi carrying Illegal Migrants from Syria Crashed in Sofia