Swiss Parliament President to Visit Bulgaria Next Week
The President of the Swiss Federal Assembly, Christa Markwalder, will pay a official visit to Bulgaria at the invitation of Parliament Speaker Tsetska Tsacheva next week.
During the visit from 4 to 6 July, Ms Markwalder will also meet Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov, Switzerland’s Embassy in Sofia announced on Friday.
Meetings with representatives of the Swiss business community and the Bulgarian-Swiss Chamber of Commerce (BSCC) are also on the agenda of the visit, which will take place three months after a delegation of the Bulgarian Parliament visited Berne.
Ms Markwalder will also visit the sites of two projects financed through the Bulgarian-Swiss Cooperation Programme (BSCP): Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings and the Inclusion of Roma and other vulnerable groups. The combined budgets of the two projects amount to around CHF 10.2 M.
The Swiss contribution to Bulgaria through the BSCP totals CHF 76 M , the Swiss Embassy said in a statement.
- » Mariya Gabriel Is an EPP Vice-President Candidate
- » The Official Visit of Deputy Prime Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva to Angola Has Begun
- » Zaharieva's Official Visit to Namibia Has Begun
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Leaves for an Official Visit to Africa
- » US President Donald Trump Will Receive PM Boyko Borissov at the White House on November 25, 2019
- » The Game of Envoys: Are the EU and the US Taking the Western Balkans more Seriously?