Swiss Parliament President to Visit Bulgaria Next Week
The President of the Swiss Federal Assembly, Christa Markwalder, will pay a official visit to Bulgaria at the invitation of Parliament Speaker Tsetska Tsacheva next week.
During the visit from 4 to 6 July, Ms Markwalder will also meet Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov, Switzerland’s Embassy in Sofia announced on Friday.
Meetings with representatives of the Swiss business community and the Bulgarian-Swiss Chamber of Commerce (BSCC) are also on the agenda of the visit, which will take place three months after a delegation of the Bulgarian Parliament visited Berne.
Ms Markwalder will also visit the sites of two projects financed through the Bulgarian-Swiss Cooperation Programme (BSCP): Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings and the Inclusion of Roma and other vulnerable groups. The combined budgets of the two projects amount to around CHF 10.2 M.
The Swiss contribution to Bulgaria through the BSCP totals CHF 76 M , the Swiss Embassy said in a statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal
- » Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov Sends Congratulatory Address to US President Donald Trump on US Independence Day
- » Bulgaria's PM Borissov and Serbian President Vucic Inspected Balkan Stream Construction
- » Bulgaria Asks Committee on Resolving Historical Issues with North Macedonia
- » Presidents Rumen Radev and Salome Zourabichvili Discussed Bulgaria’s and Georgia’s Readiness to Boost Bilateral Trade after the Coronavirus
- » Head of State Rumen Radev Discussed with his Serbian Counterpart President Aleksandar Vucic Overcoming the Crisis Caused by the Coronavirus