Swiss Parliament President to Visit Bulgaria Next Week
The President of the Swiss Federal Assembly, Christa Markwalder, will pay a official visit to Bulgaria at the invitation of Parliament Speaker Tsetska Tsacheva next week.
During the visit from 4 to 6 July, Ms Markwalder will also meet Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov, Switzerland’s Embassy in Sofia announced on Friday.
Meetings with representatives of the Swiss business community and the Bulgarian-Swiss Chamber of Commerce (BSCC) are also on the agenda of the visit, which will take place three months after a delegation of the Bulgarian Parliament visited Berne.
Ms Markwalder will also visit the sites of two projects financed through the Bulgarian-Swiss Cooperation Programme (BSCP): Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings and the Inclusion of Roma and other vulnerable groups. The combined budgets of the two projects amount to around CHF 10.2 M.
The Swiss contribution to Bulgaria through the BSCP totals CHF 76 M , the Swiss Embassy said in a statement.
- » Rumen Radev in London: The Funds Invested in Defense Capabilities Should Contribute to the Countries’ Own Economic Development and Social Systems
- » Jens Stoltenberg: NATO Is Strong
- » The Real Part of the NATO Summit Begins Today
- » The von der Leyen Commission Took Office on December 1
- » Germany’s Foreign Affairs Minister Heiko Maas: Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Policy Deserves Respect, I Would Like for other Countries to Be as Brave
- » The Foreign Ministers of Bulgaria and Germany Mark 140 Years of Diplomatic Relations