Bulgarian FM to Meet Lavrov at Black Sea Economic Cooperation Council
Bulgarian Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov will attend the 34th meeting of the Council of foreign ministers of the Organization of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation (BSEC) in Sochi on Friday.
In Sochi, Mitov will also hold bilateral a meeting with his Russian counterpart Sergey Lavrov, who will chair the council in his capacity as foreign minister of the country holding the rotating chairmanship of BSEC.
Speaking in parliament on Thursday, the Bulgarian foreign minister said that energy will be among the topics to be discussed at their meeting with Lavrov.
Mitov refrained from revealing any further details on the issues to be raised during the meeting with his Russian counterpart.
The Bulgarian foreign minister will also hold bilateral meetings with his Turkish and Moldovan counterparts, respectively Mevlut Cavusoglu and Andrei Galbur.
The council of the foreign ministers was preceded by a meeting of the committee of senior officials on Wednesday and Thursday.
At the end of the council, the chairmanship of BSEC will be handed to Serbia which will hold it until the end of the year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Bulgaria will Once Again stand in Solidarity with Fraternal Macedonia
- » Bulgaria’s President: We will Sign Important Partnership Agreements with the UAE
- » MFA: Bulgaria will Not Recognize Passports issued in the Occupied Zones in Ukraine