Bulgaria’s Main Opposition Party Demands Resignation of Road Agency Chief
The largest opposition Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) demanded on Thursday the resignation of the head of the Road Infrastructure Agency (API), Lazar Lazarov.
BSP claims that in the past two years a single firm, called Agromah, had been awarded public tenders for the construction of road infrastructure worth BGN 293.8 M.
According to them, the firm had successively been awarded public tenders since Lazarov was reappointed as head of API in 2014.
The firm had also obtained funding for the completion of Struma and Maritsa motorways and rehabilitation of Trakia and Hemus motorways.
They estimate that in the past two years, the firm has been awarded a public tender each week.
The Socialists are also critical of API’s expenditures for repair works of the republican road network and will submit a signal to the prosecutor’s office.
Lazarov dismissed the accusations, saying that the claims of Socialist MPs do not correspond to the truth and the information presented by them is manipulative.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend