Bulgaria’s Industrial Production Index Rises 2.5% Y/Y in April
Bulgaria’s industrial production index adjusted for the number of working days rose by 2.5% year-on-year in April 2016, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) has said.
The industrial production index decreased by 0.1% month-on-month in April, according to seasonally adjusted preliminary data, the NSI said in a monthly survey published on Tuesday.
In April 2016, the industrial production index increased by 4.9% year-on-year in the manufacturing sector and by 2.5% in the mining and quarrying industry. The index measuring production in the energy sector (electricity, gas, heating energy) decreased by 6.8% year-on-year.
Within the manufacturing sector, the production of metal products (less machines and equipment) rose most, increasing by 40.8% on the year in April. Manufacturing of transport equipment rose by 29.3%, production of textiles was 15.9% higher, and an increase of 12.5% was registered in the manufacturing of paper and paper products.
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law
- » Bulgarian Sauvignon Blanc Received an International Award
- » Bulgarian Farmers will Receive an Additional BGN 700,000 for Insurances
- » Turkey will Produce its Own Vehicle
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria will Build an International Road
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity