Bulgarian Socialists Start Congress
Bulgaria’s main opposition Socialists will elect a new party leader for a four-year term at a congress that started on Saturday.
Twenty-eight nominations for leader of the second-biggest political party in Bulgaria have been made prior to the opening of the two-day congress in the National Palace of Culture in Sofia.
Korneliya Ninova, a Socialist MP, who emerged as the main contender for the top party post, has said that she expects a tight race.
The current BSP leader Mihail Mikov, who is seeking re-election, will present a political report and reports on the activities of the party’s National Council as well as BSP activities at parliamentary level.
The party’s 49th congress will adopt a political declaration and elect members of its governing bodies.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How Pension Payments Will Change for 150,000 Bulgarians
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Warmer Spell, Sunny in Most Regions
- » Director General of Bulgarian Red Cross to Chair Coordination Council in Charge of Vaccination
- » Bulgaria Adopted National Pandemic Preparedness Plan
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers Discuss President’s Veto on VAT Act
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Day Temperatures Fall to -11°C in Sofia