Bulgarian Voters Abroad to Cast Ballots in Diplomatic Missions Only
Polling stations outside Bulgaria can open only at the country’s diplomatic missions, Parliament has decided.
The change to the Electoral Code, passed in a 139-35 vote with eight abstentions on second and final reading on Friday, was proposed by the Patriotic Front, a coalition of several small parties which is not part of the coalition cabinet led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov but supports it in Parllament.
Under the existing electoral legislation, a polling station for voting in Bulgarian elections can open in the country's diplomatic missions if at least 20 voters have applied to cast ballots there. Polling stations can also open in places other than the Bulgarian embassies and consulates, if at least 40 Bulgarian citizens in the respective area have stated their will to vote there.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend