Bulgarian Voters Abroad to Cast Ballots in Diplomatic Missions Only
Polling stations outside Bulgaria can open only at the country’s diplomatic missions, Parliament has decided.
The change to the Electoral Code, passed in a 139-35 vote with eight abstentions on second and final reading on Friday, was proposed by the Patriotic Front, a coalition of several small parties which is not part of the coalition cabinet led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov but supports it in Parllament.
Under the existing electoral legislation, a polling station for voting in Bulgarian elections can open in the country's diplomatic missions if at least 20 voters have applied to cast ballots there. Polling stations can also open in places other than the Bulgarian embassies and consulates, if at least 40 Bulgarian citizens in the respective area have stated their will to vote there.
- » PM Borisov: Bulgarian GDP will Rise by at least 10-20% with the Construction of Hemus Highway
- » Bulgarian State-owned Company Starts the Construction of a Section of "Hemus" Highway
- » Five Оffers From International Companies For Sofia Airport Concession Tender Received
- » Ekaterina Zaharieva Openes the 1st Meeting of the National Committee on International Humanitarian Law
- » Bulgarian Fruit and Vegetable Producers seek the resignation of agriculture minister
- » In Recent Years we Sofia Municipality has Restored 38 Monument Busts