Bulgarian Voters Abroad to Cast Ballots in Diplomatic Missions Only
Polling stations outside Bulgaria can open only at the country’s diplomatic missions, Parliament has decided.
The change to the Electoral Code, passed in a 139-35 vote with eight abstentions on second and final reading on Friday, was proposed by the Patriotic Front, a coalition of several small parties which is not part of the coalition cabinet led by Prime Minister Boyko Borisov but supports it in Parllament.
Under the existing electoral legislation, a polling station for voting in Bulgarian elections can open in the country's diplomatic missions if at least 20 voters have applied to cast ballots there. Polling stations can also open in places other than the Bulgarian embassies and consulates, if at least 40 Bulgarian citizens in the respective area have stated their will to vote there.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Will Patrol Small Towns and Villages Hunting Drunk Drivers
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Quiet and Sunny
- » Bulgaria Recovers after Disastrous Floods
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Temperatures Keep Falling, Occasional Snowfalls
- » Bulgaria’s Premier: We Don’t Spend Money on Tanks and Aircraft Only, We Also Build Education Infrastructure
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Rains Stop But Freezing Cold Is Coming