BGN 220 000 Stolen in Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's Ruse
Around BGN 220 000 in different currencies were stolen in a bank robbery in the Bulgarian city of Ruse over the weekend.
The robbers stole the money after breaching a wall of the subterranean car park located under one of the branches of Postbank in the city. Through the opening they stole the money placed on a shelf in the bank vault.
The robbers stole different currencies – Bulgarian leva, euros, dollars and pounds, with the total sum amounting to BGN 220 000.
Officials of Postbank assured that the stolen funds have been insured so customers will not incur any financial losses.
The investigation is being carried out under the supervision of the district prosecutor's office in Ruse.
This is the third major bank robbery in Bulgaria since the beginning of the year, the previous two having taken place in Sofia and Burgas. Around BGN 170 000 were stolen in each of the two previous robberies.
Last month, an armed robbery targeted a security van in the underground car park of one of the malls in Sofia, with the stolen sum exceeding BGN 200 000.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven