Spanish Police Seize Bulgarian Passports in Operation against People Smugglers
Spanish police have seized fake and authentic Bulgarian passports during an operation against a criminal group that brought immigrants into the UK through airports in Spain's Canary Islands.
The group was involved in a network that helped Iranian and Albanian immigrants enter the UK illegally through Spain in order to apply for asylum, according to thelocal.es.
A total of 15 suspects were arrested in the course of the operation at the Gran Canaria and Tenerife Sur airports. Their nationalities were not disclosed.
The seized documents included "fake Polish and Bulgarian passports, a stolen Israeli passport, Italian ID cards, two authentic Bulgarian passports and two stolen British passports."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven