Spanish Police Seize Bulgarian Passports in Operation against People Smugglers
Spanish police have seized fake and authentic Bulgarian passports during an operation against a criminal group that brought immigrants into the UK through airports in Spain's Canary Islands.
The group was involved in a network that helped Iranian and Albanian immigrants enter the UK illegally through Spain in order to apply for asylum, according to thelocal.es.
A total of 15 suspects were arrested in the course of the operation at the Gran Canaria and Tenerife Sur airports. Their nationalities were not disclosed.
The seized documents included "fake Polish and Bulgarian passports, a stolen Israeli passport, Italian ID cards, two authentic Bulgarian passports and two stolen British passports."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Begging and Prostitution are No Longer Crimes in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: 1-year-old Child is in Coma after being Beaten in Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison