Bulgarian Authorities Detain 32 Illegal Migrants, Seven Smugglers
Bulgarian authorities detained on Thursday 32 illegal migrants and seven suspected human smugglers near the border towns of Lyubimets and Svilengrad.
The officers from the district department in Svilengrad reacted to a signal which informed them about a group of foreigners who had illegally crossed the border near the village of Sladun.
The police officers detected the illegal migrants as they were about to board three vehicles parked nearby, which were destined to transport them to the interior of the country.
The migrant group consisted of eight women, six men and eighteen children, none of them possessing identity documents.
Later the foreigners were identified as coming from Syria, Iraq and Turkey, the interior ministry informs.
The authorities also detained the seven Bulgarians suspected of human smuggling, five of whom have have criminal record.
The migrants have been accommodated at Lyubimets, while the smugglers have been detained for 72 hours.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Moldovans detained for Stealing nearly BGN 200,000 from Ukrainian Refugees in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Large-scale Police Operation in Karnobat
- » Bulgaria: Scheme for Issuing Fake Green Certificates was Discovered in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Prosecutor's Office Launches Investigation for the so-called “Golden Passports”
- » Bulgaria: Man was Detained for Issuing Fake Certificates in Bansko
- » Bulgaria: British Man Attacked and Kicked a Nurse at the Hospital in Veliko Tarnovo