Polish Diplomats Recite Classic Bulgarian Poetry to Honor Liberation
Polish diplomats in Bulgaria have honored the country's National holiday, the liberation from Ottoman rule, in an unusual gesture.
In a video posted on YouTube, they can be seen and heard - most in Bulgaria and some in Polish - reciting Hadzhi Dimitar, a poem by legendary Bulgarian revolutionary Hristo Botev.
In front of key venues in Bulgaria's capital Sofia, such as the Sofia University and the Presidency building, Ambassador Krzysztof Krajewski, counsellor Grazyna Chorazykiewicz, and several other diplomats.
Towards the end of the video, Ambassador Krajewski says, also in Bulgarian: "Dear Bulgarian friends, on the occasion of the National holiday of your country, the 3rd of March, I would like, on hehalf of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland, as well as on behalf of my wife Aldona and my daughter Maryja, to wish you much success and well-being. Happy holiday!"
- » Increased Traffic Today, Large Queues at the Border Checkpoints
- » Today We Celebrate the International Day of Peace
- » Twitter Closed Thousands of Accounts Around the World For Spreading Fake News
- » Millions of People Around the World Have Joined the Global Climate Strike
- » Fire Burned Dozens of Decares of Forests near Vidin
- » Yordanka Fandakova: For Four Years Sofia Municipality Has Invested BGN 55 Million in Healthcare