Bulgaria Police, Customs Crack Down on Illegal Cigarettes Factory
An illegal cigarettes factory was found on Saturday in the town of Lukovit, Northern Bulgaria, police say.
In a specialized action conducted jointly by the Interior Ministry, the Customs Agency, and the Chief Directorate for Combating Organized Crime (GDBOP), police discovered production and storage facilities, equipment, cigarette boxes, and around 13 tons of tobacco.
An unrevealed number of people were arrested.
The organized crime group ran the operations from abroad, while the output was designed for selling both on the domestic market and abroad.
Deputy Chief Prosecutor Borislav Sarafov is quoted as saying that that BGN 3 M worth cigarettes that were to be produced would have resulted in a BGN 2.5 M loss in excise duties to the state treasury.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year
- » Ministry of Interior Will Investigate 14 Organ Transplant Surgeries in Lozenets Hospital
- » Belgian Army Deserter Nicknamed “Belgian Rambo” Found Dead after Month Search