Bulgaria’s Industrial Production Index Increases in December
Bulgaria’s industrial production index increased by 0.5% month-on- month in December 2015 and was 1.6% higher on the year, according to preliminary data, the country’s statistics office said on Monday.
In a sector breakdown, the seasonally adjusted industrial production index increased by 1.9% month-on-month in the energy sector, the National Statistical Institute (NSI) said in a statement. The index rose in the mining and quarrying industry by 0.7% and was 0.1% higher in the manufacturing sector.
The industrial production index adjusted for the number of working days rose by 4.5% on the year in December 2015 but decreased by 4.2% in the energy sector and was 1.4% lower in the mining and quarrying industry.
The index measures the average change in the value of production between two points in time.
- » Bulgarian Farmers are Preparing to Protest over Changes in Farmland Law
- » Bulgarian Sauvignon Blanc Received an International Award
- » Bulgarian Farmers will Receive an Additional BGN 700,000 for Insurances
- » Turkey will Produce its Own Vehicle
- » Ukraine and Bulgaria will Build an International Road
- » Power Distributors in Bulgaria Seek 8% - 20% Increase in Prices of Electricity