Bulgaria's C-Bank to Propose Approach to Eurozone Accession
The Bulgarian National Bank has said it will put forward a possible approach to the accession of the country into the single currency area.
BNB Governor Dimitar Radev has announced, in a publication on the bulletin of the Association of Bulgarian Commercial Banks, that approahes, stages and possibly even a timetable will be set out after a stress test of the banking system and an analysis of the financial system prepared by the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund have been carried out.
He has reiterated that Bulgaria is aspiring to join the Eurozone and the BNB will take active part in the process.
Sofia has declared commitment to joining the single currency area. The first step it is yet to take is the exchange rate mechanism II (ERM II), a regime of fixed exchange rates in which all EU countries wishing to adopt the euro as their currency must participate. ERM II is, in principle, considered to be a goal for the next several years.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Facts about Crude Oil that Every Trader Should Know
- » Half a Century Later: Bulgaria Leaves Two Soviet Banks
- » Bulgarian Economist: January 1, 2024 is a Possible Date for Joining the Eurozone
- » Bitcoin Usage in the Hospitality Sector
- » Bulgaria: Bank Accounts will Automatically be converted from BGN to EUR on the Day of Introducing the Euro
- » How To Boost Your Credit With Personal Loans