Bank Robbery Takes Place in Bulgaria's Burgas
A bank robbery had taken place in the Bulgarian city of Burgas overnight.
The thieves targeted a branch of First Investment Bank located in the Izgrev neighbourhood in the building of a former food store.
The robbers entered in the bank through the interior of the store, which had been closed for renovation, by drilling a hole in the wall.
The robbery was established on Saturday morning as no one heard anything during the night.
At present it remains unclear what amount was stolen.
According to the bank's public relations officer, no more than BGN 170 000 were stolen, private bTV station quotes him as saying.
He assured that the customers should not be concerned about their finances.
This is the latest in a series of bank robberies which have occurred across the country recently.
Earlier this month, BGN 170 000 were stolen from a bank in the Lyulin neighbourhood of the Bulgarian capital.
On several other occasions, ATMs were dislodged from the walls of banks.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 1 Tonne of Cocaine destined for Bulgaria was seized in Colombia
- » Bulgarian Prosecution accuses GDFOC of Unprecedented Pressure on the “Hemus” Investigation
- » Double Homicide in Varna
- » A 17-year-old Bulgarian was Killed in a Shootout in Copenhagen
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven