Bulgaria's Sofia to Host World Festival of Animated Film Jan 29-31
The 11th edition of World Festival of Animated Film will be held on January 29-31 in the National Palace of Culture (NDK) in Sofia.
On January 19 at 18:30 local time, “Authors-Artists” exhibition marking the 100th anniversary of Bulgarian cinema will usher viewers into the mood of the Festival at NDK Lobby Semi-basement East.
The official start of the World Festival of Animated Film is on January 29. It includes more than 40 short and full-motion animated films from Bulgaria, Spain, Italy, the UK, Russia, the USA, Romania, Ireland, Switzerland, Finland, France, Canada, Argentina, Japan and Taiwan.
During the Festival, Bulgarian cinema goers will have the opportunity to watch 13 Bulgarian short animated movies, including “Milkmaid” by Ivan Bogdanov, “Love with Occasional Showers” by Assia Kovanova and Andrey Koulev and “Postindustrial” by Boris Pramatanov.
The Festival will comprise two programs, for adults and for children, presenting animated films which have used a variety of animation techniques – drawn, cut-out, plasticine, object animation and 3D.
For the youngest viewers the Festival will offer a Kids Animation Workshop, in which from January 28 to 31 children will have the opportunity to participate in the creation of actual animation film. The signing-up deadline is January 22.
More information about the program of the World Festival of Animated Films can be found here.
- » New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
- » UNESCO Added the Turkmen Rugs to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders