FDI into Bulgaria Grew by 20.6% in January-November 2015
Foreign direct investment into Bulgaria amounted to EUR 1.467 B between January and November of last year, preliminary data from the Bulgarian National Bank shows.
This is a 20.6% year-on-year increase, according to statistics on the central bank's website.
The Netherlands was by far the biggest investor for that period with net direct invesment inflow from the country reaching EUR 681 M, the second one being Germany (EUR 187.9 M).
Investment for the respective period constituted 3.3% of GDP, compared to the previous year's 2.8% of GDP (EUR 1.216 B).
A significant drop of inflows into Bulgaria is observed in November of 2015 (EUR 96.7 M) compared to the same period of the previous year (EUR 218.8 M).
A breakdown of investment shows equity was the most significant factor behind this growth, amounted to EUR 988.1 M for the first eleven months of 2015, growing by EUR 506 M (105%).
Reinvestment of earnings totalled EUR 590.6
M for January – November 2015, compared to EUR 153.7 M in the same period of the year before.
Net debt instruments were a negative EUR 111.7 M between January and November of last year, compared to a positive EUR 580.6 M in the same period of 2014.
Direct investment in January-November, 2015 amounted to EUR 19.3 M, much less than the EUR 429.4 M in the same period of the year before.
- » Annual Inflation in January 2019 Compared to January 2018 Was 3.0%
- » BSMEPA and Sofia Tech Park - Partners in Support of the Bulgarian Business
- » BSMEPA will Support the Printing Industry in Bulgaria
- » 31 Bulgarian Companies go to the International Food and Drink Exhibition GULFOOD 2019 in Dubai with the Support of BSMEPA
- » State Synergy to Support the Presentation of Bulgarian Goods and Services in China
- » Bulgarian Business is Interested in Projects in Saudi Arabia