Robbers in Bulgaria Make off with ATM on Christmas Eve
Robbers have stolen an ATM in the town of Dupnitsa on Christmas Eve, Nova TV reported on Friday.
The ATM was loaded with some BGN 200,000 (EUR 100,000) before Christmas, Nova TV said. However, it was not immediately clear how much money there was in the ATM at the time of the robbery.
CCTV cameras have recorded the assault but the perpetrators remain unknown. In the footage, masked men are seen wresting the ATM from the wall in the entrance hall of an office of DSK Bank and dragging it away.
Police were alerted about the robbery about 5 a.m. on Christmas Day.
Similar robberies took place in the town of Haskovo, in southern Bulgaria, and the village of Lozen, on the outskirts of Sofia, earlier this month.
- » Europol: Crime is Increasing Rapidly during the Coronavirus Pandemic
- » Bulgarian Detained with 10 kg of Heroin at Malko Tarnovo Border Checkpoint
- » Bulgarian Citizen Arrested in Turkey for Drug Trafficking
- » Top 7 Most Stolen Cars in Bulgaria
- » 15 Tonnes of Marijuana were Seized in Mexico
- » Two Iranian Citizens Arrested for Attempting to Smuggle 687 kg of Heroin worth about BGN 62 Million