Bulgaria to Join Government Security Programme
The Bulgarian government authorised on Wednesday Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova to conclude a contract with Microsoft for participation in the Government Security Programme.
The State Agency for National Security (DANS) was selected as main contact point for the programme, the press service of the government informs.
The aim of the programme, which was created in 2003, is to provide governments with the opportunity to increase the security of their Information Technology (IT) infrastructure.
The programme supports both the state administration in addressing threats of national or public security and the economy through joint actions as well as exchange of information.
It is also helpful in limiting in advance the risk of potential future attacks .
The conclusion of the contract is in line with the main aim of providing opportunity to the Bulgarian state to make progress in the state of computer technologies and the development of information security.
The programme will also aid the efforts in creating reliable and efficient prevention against attacks targeting the country's cyber security.
At present, the programme, which provides access to Windows source code and other technical information, is used by more than thirty national governments.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: WCC-DB demanded that Peevski leave the Committee on Constitutional Affairs
- » Bulgaria: MPs unanimously Adopted an Additional Extension of the Budget
- » Greek Media: Bulgaria has requested Greek Aircraft to Protect its Skies
- » New Defense Minister believes it is Extremely Important for Bulgaria to provide Military Aid to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria: Delyan Peevski became a Member of the Commission on Constitutional Affairs
- » Bulgaria’s Parliament rejected a Proposal to Terminate the Defense Cooperation Agreement with the US