Flow of Illegal Migrants at Bulgaria’s Lesovo Increases - bTV
Bulgarian authorities have been faced with increased flow of illegal migrants across the country’s border with Turkey in recent days, bTV broadcaster reported on Tuesday.
Several groups of migrants have been detained by border police while trying to illegally cross into Bulgaria at Lesovo checkpoint, the TV channel said citing prosecкting authorities in the nearby town of Elhovo.
The migrants – Syrian and Iraqi nationals, including women and children – were transported in trucks.
More traces of migrants, including children, have been found in the forest area around Lesovo in recent days, according to bTV. There were signs left in the forest to direct migrants toward points of meeting with people smugglers,
Illegal migrants have been using abandoned houses in villages near Elhovo and Bolyarovo to hide, bTV said.
Locals tipped the authorities about the presence of a group of illegal migrants in an abandoned house in the area. About 30 migrants, including women and children, were detained there.
- » Bulgaria's Unemployment Rate For Q4 is 4.7%
- » Eurobarometer: Bulgarians Remain Optimistic About the Future of Europe
- » Prisons and Court Guards in Bulgaria Received Funding for 200 New Employees
- » Bulgaria Temporarily Suspends the Construction of the Gas Connection with Serbia
- » Bulgarian Ombudsman Organizes Free Medical Examinations For Socially Disadvantaged People
- » MPs Are Finally Voting on the Changes to the Electoral Code Today