Flow of Illegal Migrants at Bulgaria’s Lesovo Increases - bTV
Bulgarian authorities have been faced with increased flow of illegal migrants across the country’s border with Turkey in recent days, bTV broadcaster reported on Tuesday.
Several groups of migrants have been detained by border police while trying to illegally cross into Bulgaria at Lesovo checkpoint, the TV channel said citing prosecкting authorities in the nearby town of Elhovo.
The migrants – Syrian and Iraqi nationals, including women and children – were transported in trucks.
More traces of migrants, including children, have been found in the forest area around Lesovo in recent days, according to bTV. There were signs left in the forest to direct migrants toward points of meeting with people smugglers,
Illegal migrants have been using abandoned houses in villages near Elhovo and Bolyarovo to hide, bTV said.
Locals tipped the authorities about the presence of a group of illegal migrants in an abandoned house in the area. About 30 migrants, including women and children, were detained there.
- » The Shared Electric Scooters Also Come to Sofia
- » The Retainers on Grafa Boulevard Took Another Victim, her Husband Threw them on the Tram Track and Got Arrested
- » Payment of Аid to Bulgarian Farmers who Culled Domestic Pigs Begins after September 1
- » SANS and Bulgarian Police Investigate Bomb Threats Against Bulgarian Media and Airports
- » The Council of Ministers Allocated Nearly BGN 21 million For Educational Benefits
- » Digital Card Guides Volunteers in 'Let's Clean Bulgaria Together' Campaign