Lufthansa Strike to Affect Most Flights Between Sofia, German Airports
Eight flights between the Bulgarian capital and the airports in Frankfurt and Munich will be cancelled on Monday as the strike of flight attendants of Lufthansa continues.
The strike will not affect two of the scheduled flights between Sofia and Munich, the airport of the Bulgarian capital informed, daily Dnevnik reports.
Flight LH1704 which is scheduled to arrive in Sofia at 18:20 EET and flight LH1705, which is expected to depart to Munich at 19:20 EET, will not be affected.
The Independent Flight Attendant's Organisation (UFO) has announced strikes for all Lufthansa flights from/to Frankfurt and Dusseldorf between 4.30 and 23.00 and flights from/to Munich between 4.30 and 00.00.
Flights operated by Lufthansa CityLine, Germanwings, Eurowings, Air Dolomiti, Austrian Airlines, SWISS and Brussels Airlines will not be affected by the strikes and are expected to run as scheduled.
Out of the approximately 3000 planned connections on Monday, about 929 continental and intercontinental flights were cancelled, which will affect approximately 113 000 passengers.
UFO, which is in a long-running dispute over retirement benefits with the German airline, is planning further strikes at other airports throughout the week.
The German airline identified the strike as "unprecedented in the history of Lufthansa", the BBC informs.
- » In the last 5 years, No Sea Cruises From the Ports of Varna and Burgas Have been Realized
- » Lower Consumption and Exports will Slow Growth in Bulgaria in 2020-2021
- » Which Major Chains Opened New Stores in Bulgaria in 2019?
- » Is there an Economic Crisis on the Bulgaria Sea Coast this Summer?
- » Bulgarian Flight Delays Trigger A Government Investigation
- » Eurostat: In Five Years No Sea Cruise has been Realized in Bulgaria