Ecumenical Patriarch Arrives to Bulgaria on Four-Day Visit
Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I is expected to arrive on his four-day visit to Bulgaria on Saturday.
The Archbishop of Constantinople will visit Bulgaria at the invitation of Bulgarian Patriarch Neophyte and the bishops of the Holy Synod.
The Ecunemical Patriach has requested to have a free schedule on Saturday, with his official visit starting on Sunday, when the feast day of Archangel Michael is observed.
On Sunday, Neophyte and Bartholomew I will hold a holy liturgy, daily Dnevnik informs.
On Monday, the Ecumenical Patriarch will be awarded an honorary degree by the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences (BAN).
Later on Monday, he is to meet Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, who will present to him the Order of Stara Planina, first class - the highest distinction awarded in the country.
On Tuesday, Barthlomew I is to meet Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
After that he will visit the Troyan monastery, where together with Neophyte they will hold a memorial service at the tomb of the longest reigning Bulgarian Patriarch - Maxim.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » An Early Warning system for Disasters and Accidents is being developed in Bulgaria
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 60 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny with Rain only in the Southwestern Regions
- » Earthquake in Bulgaria with a Magnitude above 4.5
- » Bulgaria: 44% Increase in Water Bills is expected in Sofia Region
- » A Bulgarian was found Stabbed in the center of Athens