Russia to Examine All Possible Causes of Airplane Crash in Egypt
Dmitry Peskov, spokesperson of Russian President Vladimir Putin, said that no possible causes of the Saturday's crash of a Russian airplane in Egypt should be ruled out.
According to him, no possible causes should be ruled out for the moment as the investigators were only starting their work.
Peskov assured that each possible cause will be examined over the course of the investigation, TASS news agency quotes him as saying.
He called for no speculations until first results become available, but did not specify when such results should be expected.
Peskov reminded that the main investigation is conducted by the country where the crash occurred, namely Egypt.
He highlighted that Russia assessed highly the effectiveness of Egyptian authorities in investigating the crash.
Airbus A321 operated by Russian airline Kogalymavia was conducting flight 9286 between the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh and Saint Petersburg when it crashed shortly after take-off in the Sinai peninsula on Saturday.
None of the 224 people on board survived the crash, which occurred 100 kilometres south of the city of Al-Arish in North Sinai.
There were 217 passengers including 17 children and seven crew members on board.
Most of the passengers were Russian tourists, with four Ukrainians and one Belarusian also among the people on board.
The airplane was flying at an altitude of 9450 metres when it went missing and the aircraft is reported as descending at 1500 metres per minute before it disappeared from the radars.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country
- » 2023: Iran at the Doorstep of the Nuclear Club?
- » A Romanian Court extended the Detention of Influencer Andrew Tate
- » Day 393 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At Least 14 Dead after Russian Strikes on Civillian Infrastructure
- » EU: Countries like Bulgaria should not Block others regarding Shells for Ukraine
- » Day 392 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin and Xi reaffirmed the Principle that Nuclear War should Never Start