Bulgaria's Oscar Entry 'Unexpectedly Timely'
The Judgement, Bulgaria's foreign-language Oscar submission which tells, a story about people smuggling, is timely as Europe is trying to deal with the migrant crisis, according to a cinema and TV entertainment website.
Started at the end of 2011, The Judgement is directed and co-written by Stefan Komandarev, the director of The World is Big and Salvation Lurks Around the Corner, the only Bulgarian film so far to have been shortlisted in the Foreign-language Oscar race.
Read the piece published on The Deadline here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Apollonia Arts Festival - 1-6 September, Sozopol
- » Burgas Sand Sculptures Festival: Fairy Tales and Film Characters
- » June 25, Bulgaria: Sofia Film Fest Begins
- » Sofia Opera with Performances at Pacharevo Lake
- » Open-Air Art Installation from Bulgarian Letters in Berlin
- » Bloomsday 2020 Becomes Virtual and Sofia Becomes Dublin in One Day