Bulgaria's Oscar Entry 'Unexpectedly Timely'
The Judgement, Bulgaria's foreign-language Oscar submission which tells, a story about people smuggling, is timely as Europe is trying to deal with the migrant crisis, according to a cinema and TV entertainment website.
Started at the end of 2011, The Judgement is directed and co-written by Stefan Komandarev, the director of The World is Big and Salvation Lurks Around the Corner, the only Bulgarian film so far to have been shortlisted in the Foreign-language Oscar race.
Read the piece published on The Deadline here.
- » Bulgarian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale was Visited by over 17,200 People
- » "Night 2019" in Plovdiv Offers Many Cultural Events
- » The Bulgarian Premiere of SOMEONE FROM HOME Will Take Place on September 15 at the Kino Cabana
- » Milko Lazarov's "Aga" is the Bulgarian Proposal For an Oscar
- » Theodore Ushev's 'The Physics of Sorrow' Animation with a World Premiere in Toronto
- » Vezhdi Rashidov Opens an Exhibition in Plovdiv