Bulgaria's Oscar Entry 'Unexpectedly Timely'
The Judgement, Bulgaria's foreign-language Oscar submission which tells, a story about people smuggling, is timely as Europe is trying to deal with the migrant crisis, according to a cinema and TV entertainment website.
Started at the end of 2011, The Judgement is directed and co-written by Stefan Komandarev, the director of The World is Big and Salvation Lurks Around the Corner, the only Bulgarian film so far to have been shortlisted in the Foreign-language Oscar race.
Read the piece published on The Deadline here.
- » New Movie of Bulgarian Animation Artist Theodore Ushev, The Physics of Sorrow, has been Shortlisted for the Oscar Awards
- » UNESCO Added the Turkmen Rugs to its Intangible Cultural Heritage List
- » Bulgarians Have Received an European Award for Development in the Film Industry
- » Bulgarian Movie Won the Best Picture Award at the Cottbus Film Festival in Germany
- » A Turkish Court Ruling Could Turn Saint Sofia into a Mosque
- » Bulgaria Celebrates the Day of the Bulgarian National Revival Leaders