Bulgarian Nationalist Party Leader Embroiled in Fight with Shop Owners
Nationalist ATAKA party leader Volen Siderov and MP Desislav Chukolov took part in a brawl with the owners of a tobacco and alcohol shop, media outlets report.
Police have confirmed the incident which occurred late on Friday evening in downtown Sofia's Rakovski Street, but does not confirm the names of lawmakers involved.
Footage sent out to media and aired by private national NOVA TV channel, however, shows the two arguing with with the owners.
The Bulgarian National Radio quotes a police official as saying that officers prevented a verbal clash from escalating.
No-one was detained, but an "additional" (but not specified" number of officers were deployed. One of the lawmakers told them drugs were being sold to "young people" at the shop along with smuggled cigarettes.
But police said none of those was found after an inspection.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Five People were Killed in a Fire in a Building in the French City of Strasbourg
- » Three Children Killed in Gas Explosion in Northern Macedonia
- » A Tram Hit a Child in Sofia
- » Train with 160 Passengers Aboard Derails in Australia
- » 5 People Died in a Russian Hotel after it was Flooded with Boiling Water (VIDEO)
- » At least 57 were Killed in Avalanches in Pakistan