Bulgarian Nationalist Party Leader Embroiled in Fight with Shop Owners
Nationalist ATAKA party leader Volen Siderov and MP Desislav Chukolov took part in a brawl with the owners of a tobacco and alcohol shop, media outlets report.
Police have confirmed the incident which occurred late on Friday evening in downtown Sofia's Rakovski Street, but does not confirm the names of lawmakers involved.
Footage sent out to media and aired by private national NOVA TV channel, however, shows the two arguing with with the owners.
The Bulgarian National Radio quotes a police official as saying that officers prevented a verbal clash from escalating.
No-one was detained, but an "additional" (but not specified" number of officers were deployed. One of the lawmakers told them drugs were being sold to "young people" at the shop along with smuggled cigarettes.
But police said none of those was found after an inspection.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Passengers refused to get off a Plane that landed in Varna instead of Sofia
- » Bulgaria: Heavy Car-Crash with Two Dead on the road Ruse-Byala
- » Bulgaria: New Bomb Threats sent to Schools in Sofia - Author says he is a Russian Nationalist
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash with Migrants near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Man Died after being Hit by a Freight Train in Kazanlak
- » Bulgaria: A 12-year-old Child caught Driving at 120 km/h on Trakia Highway