Ivan Krastev: 'Kremlin Is in Syria for Pedagogical Reasons'
The notion of Russia as a “spoiling power” is a popular sentiment these days in Washington, Ivan Krastev, chairman of Bulgaria-based Center for Liberal Strategies, writes in the The New York Times.
“Is Russia in Syria simply for the sport of watching a humiliated President Obama? Is damaging the value of American power the only purpose of Russia’s “spoiling”?, the author asks.
According to Krastev, Russia “is in Syria for pedagogical reasons”, trying “to teach Americans a lesson”.
What lesson? You can find out when you read here the whole opinion piece here.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Sofia Tech Park to Boast Most Powerful Computer
- » Bulgaria in Crisis: How World’s Saddest Place Became Deadliest
- » Boyko Takov: How to Survive in Time of Pandemic, Useful Tips for Bulgarian companies from BSMEPA
- » IME: Bulgarian Government Chose the Easiest Way for Budget Relaxation
- » IFIMES: Bulgarian ‘Certification’ of Identity of Macedonians and Macedonian Language?
- » COVID-19: New Theory Suggests That Wearing a Mask Builds Immunity