Oregon Shooter That Killed 9 Identified
Police say a 26-year-old man whose name is not officially confirmed has been identified as the man who opened fire in a college in the US state of Oregon.
Ten people, including the gunman, are dead and seven are wounded, CNN quotes the Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin as saying.
An unnamed police source has suggested his name is Chris Harper Mercer, even though authorities are refusing to officially mention his name to avoid giving him credit for his actions.
The father of a wounded student has said his daughter told him the gunman asked, upon entering her classroom, if the student were Christians.
Victims and wounded people were found in at least two classrooms.
US President Barack Obama reiterated after the incident that gun laws needed to be amended because "somehow this has become routine."
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: From Today Changes in the List of Countries falling into the Red Zone
- » WHO: Travel Restrictions are Ineffective during a Pandemic
- » Boris Johnson: No Masks and COVID Certificates from Next Week
- » The White House: Russia could Launch an Invasion of Ukraine at any time
- » Erdogan invites Leaders of Russia and Ukraine to Talks in Turkey
- » Roberta Metsola Elected as President of the EP on her Birthday