Hungarian Defence Minister Resigns
Hungarian Defence Minister Csaba Hende submitted his resignation on Monday as refugees continue to flock to the country.
According to a statement of the Hungarian government, Prime Minister Viktor Orban accepted the resignation and asked fellow Fidesz party member Istvan Simicsko to succeed Hende as defence minister, Daily News Hungary informs.
Earlier on Monday, a national security council meeting was held to assess the situation with migrants and to hear a report on the progress of the fence constructed at the border with Serbia.
Hende, who has served as defence minister since 2010, submitted his resignation after the national security council meeting.
It remains unclear what is the exact reason for his resignation.
- » Greece Shuts Down its Three Largest Migrant Camps
- » France: Nearly 15,000 Households Are still Without Electricity
- » Johnson: After Brexit, EU Citizens Will Be Treated Like Migrants from other Countries
- » The EU Is Launching a Lawsuit against the UK for Refusing to Nominate a Commissioner-Designate
- » Donald Tusk: UK Will Become a "Second-Rate Player" after Brexit
- » The EU Is Stepping up its Defense and Security Efforts