Bulgaria's Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership Position in Grand Chess Tour
Bulgaria's chess grandmaster Veselin Topalov retained the leadership position in the Grand Chess Tour and tops the current standing despite finishing seventh in the Sinquefield Cup.
Topalov is unchallenged at the top with 17 points, followed by Hikaru Nakamura from the US with 16 points and the Armenian Levon Aronian with 15 points.
The Grand Chess Tour comprises three of the most prestigious tournaments – Norway Chess, Sinquefield Cup and London Chess Classic.
However his performance dropped and in the next seven games, Topalov recorded two defeats and five draws, finishing seventh with 4.5 points.
The third decisive tournament – the London Chess Classic will take place between December 3 and 10, daily Dnevnik informs.
- » The Most Popular Sports Played in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Is an European Kickboxing Champion
- » Discover These Beautiful Golf Courses In Bulgaria, Perfect For A Tee Time When You Visit
- » Bulgarian Paralympic Team wins two Gold on Day 1 of Dubai 2019 World Para Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play for Bulgaria Again
- » Paralympian Hristiyan Stoyanov with Gold Medal from Dubai