Bulgaria's Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership Position in Grand Chess Tour
Bulgaria's chess grandmaster Veselin Topalov retained the leadership position in the Grand Chess Tour and tops the current standing despite finishing seventh in the Sinquefield Cup.
Topalov is unchallenged at the top with 17 points, followed by Hikaru Nakamura from the US with 16 points and the Armenian Levon Aronian with 15 points.
The Grand Chess Tour comprises three of the most prestigious tournaments – Norway Chess, Sinquefield Cup and London Chess Classic.
However his performance dropped and in the next seven games, Topalov recorded two defeats and five draws, finishing seventh with 4.5 points.
The third decisive tournament – the London Chess Classic will take place between December 3 and 10, daily Dnevnik informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Footballers and Fans of Lokomotiv Plovdiv with Coronavirus
- » Bulgaria's FC "Black Sea": Over 10 Football Players Test Positive for COVID-19
- » Bulgarian Minister of Sports Krassen Kralev : Stadiums Could Close Doors to Fans
- » 30 Years Later: Liverpool Is The New Champion of England!
- » Tennis Star Novak Djokovic Tests Positive for Covid-19
- » Coaches of Grigor Dimitrov and Novak Djokovic Tested Positive for COVID-19