Bulgaria's Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership Position in Grand Chess Tour
Bulgaria's chess grandmaster Veselin Topalov retained the leadership position in the Grand Chess Tour and tops the current standing despite finishing seventh in the Sinquefield Cup.
Topalov is unchallenged at the top with 17 points, followed by Hikaru Nakamura from the US with 16 points and the Armenian Levon Aronian with 15 points.
The Grand Chess Tour comprises three of the most prestigious tournaments – Norway Chess, Sinquefield Cup and London Chess Classic.
However his performance dropped and in the next seven games, Topalov recorded two defeats and five draws, finishing seventh with 4.5 points.
The third decisive tournament – the London Chess Classic will take place between December 3 and 10, daily Dnevnik informs.
- » The "Golden Girls" of Bulgaria with Gold Medals from the World Challenge Cup
- » China Wins Women's Doubles at ITTF World Tour in Bulgaria
- » Brazil, Bulgaria Win First Matches at Men's Volleyball Olympic Qualification in Varna
- » Changes in Traffic Around National Stadium Due to CSKA - Zorya Luhansk match
- » Woman Wins 4,000-km Bulgaria-France Bike race after Sleeping by Road
- » Grigor Dimitrov Outside of the Top 70 in the World Rankings For the First Time in 7 Years