Bulgaria's Veselin Topalov Retains Leadership Position in Grand Chess Tour
Bulgaria's chess grandmaster Veselin Topalov retained the leadership position in the Grand Chess Tour and tops the current standing despite finishing seventh in the Sinquefield Cup.
Topalov is unchallenged at the top with 17 points, followed by Hikaru Nakamura from the US with 16 points and the Armenian Levon Aronian with 15 points.
The Grand Chess Tour comprises three of the most prestigious tournaments – Norway Chess, Sinquefield Cup and London Chess Classic.
However his performance dropped and in the next seven games, Topalov recorded two defeats and five draws, finishing seventh with 4.5 points.
The third decisive tournament – the London Chess Classic will take place between December 3 and 10, daily Dnevnik informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Australia warns Djokovic's Family over Russian Flag and Symbols
- » The Young Players who can Transform Bulgarian Football
- » Poland called the upcoming Matches between Bulgarian and Russian Football Clubs a "Disgrace
- » A Russian and a Ukrainian will Fight for Bulgaria
- » What Makes Online Sportsbooks Appealing
- » Stoichkov: Thank you, King, Rest in Peace!