Six Egyptian Policemen Injured as Car Bomb Hits Security Building in Cairo
A car bomb targeted a state security building in northern Cairo early on Thursday, injuring six Egyptian policemen.
The explosion, which occurred in the Shubra district, destroyed the facade of the building., Al Jazeera informs.
At present, no group has claimed responsibility for the attack, the BBC reports.
Several bomb attacks have been carried out in Cairo this year, mainly by militants based in northern Sinai and affiliated with Islamic State (IS).
The militants have targeted Egyptian security officials.
The latest attack comes just days after Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi approved new counter-terrorism legislation to fight the Islamic militants.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Hungary will not Arrest Putin if he visits the country
- » 2023: Iran at the Doorstep of the Nuclear Club?
- » A Romanian Court extended the Detention of Influencer Andrew Tate
- » Day 393 of the Invasion of Ukraine: At Least 14 Dead after Russian Strikes on Civillian Infrastructure
- » EU: Countries like Bulgaria should not Block others regarding Shells for Ukraine
- » Day 392 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin and Xi reaffirmed the Principle that Nuclear War should Never Start