Six Egyptian Policemen Injured as Car Bomb Hits Security Building in Cairo
A car bomb targeted a state security building in northern Cairo early on Thursday, injuring six Egyptian policemen.
The explosion, which occurred in the Shubra district, destroyed the facade of the building., Al Jazeera informs.
At present, no group has claimed responsibility for the attack, the BBC reports.
Several bomb attacks have been carried out in Cairo this year, mainly by militants based in northern Sinai and affiliated with Islamic State (IS).
The militants have targeted Egyptian security officials.
The latest attack comes just days after Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi approved new counter-terrorism legislation to fight the Islamic militants.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 124 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Battle of Lysychansk Continues, Zelensky wants More Weapons
- » Default: For the First Time in a Century, Russia has Not Repaid its Government Debt in Foreign Currency
- » Day 123 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Explosions in Kyiv, Widodo will meet Zelensky and Putin
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: We may Not Get a New Proposal
- » Belgrade: The Creation of the Serbian World is a Process that Cannot be Stopped
- » Day 122 of the Invasion of Ukraine: All of Luhansk under Russian Control except Lysychansk