Bulgarian-born Aerodynamics Engineer Makes Her F1 Dream Come True
Tsvetelina Mavrodieva, a 23-year-old Bulgarian national, has joined the Red Bull Formula 1 racing team as an aerodynamics engineer, making her dream come true.
"In a sport like Formula 1 aerodynamics has a huge impact on the behavior of the car on the track - even more than the engine and transmission," the 23-year-old graduate of the University of Southampton, UK said in an interview on Bulgarian TV channel BNT on Friday.
Mavrodieva studied Aeronautics and Astronautics in Southampton from 2011 to 2015 before applying to join the Red Bull team as an Aerodynamics Engineer. She got the job following two extensive interviews and is the only Bulgarian among the aerodynamics experts led by Red Bull Racing's Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey.
“For me this is a dream come true,” said Mavrodieva, from the town of Belitsa, in southwestern Bulgaria.
Mavrodieva added she has always been a fan of F1 car races.
“The next step I want to make is to help the Red Bull team win the F1 2016 Constructors’ Championship,” she told BNT.
- » 7500 Bulgarian Students are Currently Trained in a Real Work Environment
- » BGN 920 will be the Starting Teacher Salary in Bulgaria Next Year
- » Seven Bulgarian Students Received a Harvard Award
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program