Bulgarian Sailors Stranded at Spanish Port
The crew of a Moldovan cargo ship, eight of whom are Bulgarian, are trapped on board at a Spanish port.
Prosperity, a ship operated by a Greek company, is sailing under a Moldovan flag. It was not immediately known what led to its detention.
"People are scared, the ship has been detained... there is no water, there is no agent, as the previous agent didn't receive payment and the ship was left stranded," private bTV station quotes the head of a Varna-based company which had provided the Bulgarian sailors as saying.
The Bulgarian Foreign Ministry said on Friday afternoon it had already talked to the Bulgarian sailors several times and that it is currently looking into what caused the incident.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 5.3 Мagnitude Earthquake Shakes Turkey
- » Rock Mass Collapsed During the Construction of the Zheleznitsa Tunnel, Three Workers Injured
- » A Public Transport Bus Hit a Child Riding a Scooter in Sofia
- » A Lightning Strike Killed a Child Near Botevgrad
- » Two Children Drowned After Jumping From the Bridge in the Sea Garden of Burgas
- » A Man Wanted by Interpol is Detained in Sofia