Residents of Bulgaria's Garmen Issue New Ultimatum to Authorities
Residents from the municipality of Garmen issued a new ultimatum to Bulgarian authorities on Monday.
The residents tabled a petition with 720 signatures to the Council of Ministers, giving the authorities a deadline of one week to take an action against the illegal Roma dwellings.
They insist on the state to find a solution to the problem, claiming that the provocations by the Roma residents continue, private bTV station reports.
Tension in Garmen has been running high since the end of May, when a fighting over loud music resulted in clashes between local and Roma residents.
This was followed by a series of protests against the illegal Roma dwellings, which resulted in the authorities ordering the demolition of the houses.
The demolition of the illegal dwellings was postponed by the European Court of Human Rights (EctHR) until alternative housing is provided for the Roma residents.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend