Switzerland Imposes Measures to Battle Increased Ozone Levels
Several regions of Switzerland will be imposing restrictions on the automobile traffic on account of the ozone peak, caused by the heats over the past several days.
The ticket prices for public transportation have been reduced for the purpose of encouraging citizens to leave their cars behind and hopefully to cause decreased levels of pollution.
The whole regional transport in Geneva is now with reduced prices that will remain unchanged while the level of ozone reaches an acceptable value. The same measure has been imposed in the neighboring cantons of Vaud and Valais.
The combination of heat and pollution strongly increases ozone levels that can cause respiratory problems and asthmatic crises. Over the past several days the levels have marked a further increase in several Swiss regions reaching 260 micrograms per m3 while the acceptable level is 130 micrograms per m3.
- » Petition for Cancellation of Brexit Gathered over 5 Million Signatures
- » The EU Postpones Brexit until May 22 if the London Government Approves the Divorce Deal
- » Three Explosions in Kabul, there are Casualties and Injuries
- » The EU Fined Google with 1.49 Billion Euros
- » Kazakhstan Renames their Capital after Ex-president
- » Greece Has Announced the Exact Route of the New Zealand Striker to the Country