Switzerland Imposes Measures to Battle Increased Ozone Levels
Several regions of Switzerland will be imposing restrictions on the automobile traffic on account of the ozone peak, caused by the heats over the past several days.
The ticket prices for public transportation have been reduced for the purpose of encouraging citizens to leave their cars behind and hopefully to cause decreased levels of pollution.
The whole regional transport in Geneva is now with reduced prices that will remain unchanged while the level of ozone reaches an acceptable value. The same measure has been imposed in the neighboring cantons of Vaud and Valais.
The combination of heat and pollution strongly increases ozone levels that can cause respiratory problems and asthmatic crises. Over the past several days the levels have marked a further increase in several Swiss regions reaching 260 micrograms per m3 while the acceptable level is 130 micrograms per m3.
- » EU Starts Legal Action Against Hungary for ‘Stop Soros’ Migrant Law
- » South Korean Court Sentences President Park to Another Eight Years in Jail
- » Scientists just Found £150,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 of Diamonds in the Ground
- » France Closes in on Phone Ban in Schools from September
- » New Technology Allows Ground Telescope to Take Sharper Images Than Hubble
- » Akka Link & Fly Flying Train Concept Looks to Disrupt the Plane Industry