Switzerland Imposes Measures to Battle Increased Ozone Levels
Several regions of Switzerland will be imposing restrictions on the automobile traffic on account of the ozone peak, caused by the heats over the past several days.
The ticket prices for public transportation have been reduced for the purpose of encouraging citizens to leave their cars behind and hopefully to cause decreased levels of pollution.
The whole regional transport in Geneva is now with reduced prices that will remain unchanged while the level of ozone reaches an acceptable value. The same measure has been imposed in the neighboring cantons of Vaud and Valais.
The combination of heat and pollution strongly increases ozone levels that can cause respiratory problems and asthmatic crises. Over the past several days the levels have marked a further increase in several Swiss regions reaching 260 micrograms per m3 while the acceptable level is 130 micrograms per m3.
- » Russian Orthodox Church Cuts Ties with Constantinople
- » Opposition Leader and Putin Foe Navalny Released from Jail for Anti-Kremlin Protests
- » Google+ Shuts Down as Nearly Half a Million Accounts Compromised
- » ISS Astronauts Return to Earth Amid US-Russia Tensions
- » Interpol President Reported Missing During Trip to China
- » Nobel Peace Prize: Denis Mukwege and Nadia Murad Win Award