Former Turkish President, PM Demirel Dies at 90
Former Turkish President Suleyman Demirel died early on Wednesday morning at the age of 90.
Demirel was treated for a respiratory tract infection at the Guven Hospital in Ankara, the BBC reports.
Demirel served as the ninth President of Turkey between 1993 and 2000, had several terms as prime minister and his government was twice deposed by the military.
Demirel led the Justice Party between 1964 and 1990 and was temporarily banned from politics for seven years after a military coup in 1980.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EP President David Sassoli has Passed Away
- » Actor Bob Saget was found Dead in a hotel room
- » Gunther from "Friends" has Passed Away
- » Bulgarian Economist Vladimir Karolev has Passed Away
- » In Memorim: Greet Singer of the Mystry of the Bulgaian Voices Choir Passed away at 80
- » Three days of Mourning in Greece in Memory of Composer Mikis Theodorakis