20 Arrested in Anti-Roma Protest in Sofia’s Orlandovtsi
20 people were arrested Monday evening during a protest in Sofia’s Orlandovtsi district.
On Saturday, clashes that erupted between Bulgarians and Roma over loud music left six people injured.
On Sunday, around 200 Bulgarians staged a protest in the residential district.
On Monday evening, police blocked an attempt of a part of the protesters to reach the Roma populated area of the residential district.
The Bulgarian National Radio informs about 20 arrested, while Sega daily reports about 10 arrested.
Police have stepped up presence in Orlandovtsi.
Traffic has been temporarily stopped in the area where the protest is taking place.
No major clashes have taken place so far.
Earlier on Monday the prosecuting authority pressed charges against four people aged 17-25 over the unrest in Orlandovtsi on Saturday.
The charges involve light bodily injuries and hooliganism.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Crime: Mother Killed Her Own Two Children in Bulgarian Town of Sandanski
- » Bulgaria: Specialized Prosecutor's Office Started Action in Four Districts in Sofia
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria